Sunday, July 20, 2014

Marathon Training - Weeks 3, 4 & 5

Well, lookie there.  I'm behind again.  No big surprise.   It's been a CRAZY couple of weeks, but I'll spare you all the details.  This fun little sign pretty much sums up the past few weeks.

Suffice to say I am tired of yelling PLOT TWIST.  But life moves on, and the world keeps turning.

The kids have started sports again, and that sucks up a lot of our time--which is probably why I am again behind on blogging. 

I've been in triathlon mode lately.  Our season is coming in hot and heavy.  Emphasis on hot because HOLY COW it is hot outside in SoFl.  The heat index regularly tips into the 100s and the humidity is excruciating. 

Week 3:
Monday - Spin + Body Pump, Yoga
Tuesday -Yoga!
And then the sickies descended on our house.  ("PLOT TWIST!")   Wednesday and thursday were rest days.
Friday - 4th of July, I was off my food and feeling under the weather.  3.25 miles, excruciatingly miserable miles, but in the done column.
Saturday - Weights
Sunday - 9 miles

Week 4 looked like this:

Monday - Weights/Spin
Tuesday - 3.25 miles on the bridge (hills for SoFl people), 400 m Open Water Swim.  This day included yelling "PLOT TWIST" many times, but I saw a school of spotted eagle rays from the bridge--twas AWESOME!
Wednesday - 40 min spin, 400m swim, Body Pump
Thursday - 4 miles (including wu/cd)
Friday - Body pump
Saturday- 2 miles (with our cute lil foster puppy)
Sunday - 1 mile OWS
This was the first time I hit a mile in open water, so I was super stoked.  And super pooped.  I had four miles on the calendar for Sunday but pushed it back due to time and ya know, LIFE.  

Week 5:
Monday - REST (Because whoopsie, I went 10 days straight after the sickies came to call.  Because I have issues balancing, and also because working out is my stress relief.
Tuesday - 4 miles + Yoga
Wednesday - Discovered my bike had been stolen from my garage. ("PLOT TWIST") - Processed this information with a 70 minute spin session and an 800m swim.
Thursday - 3.1 mi bike+400m swim.  13 mile bike in the evening on my hubby's too big, but nice bike, just to make sure I could manage on it. Because Sunday was a race day.
Friday - Body pump - Easy
Saturday - Rest
Sunday - Virginia Key Triathlon Trilogy #2.  (400m swim, 8 mi bike, 5K run).   Race report to follow, but here are my awesome neighbor and I after the race.  

I have 10.5 miles on the calendar for Sunday, but that's going to be shifted to either early in the week or just be pushed back a week, depending on life. And the number of times I need to yell "Plot Twist" again this week. Lets hope not at all. 

Have an amazing Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment