Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Miami Man Recap (In Pictures)

Oye, I have fallen off the blog train.  Life, in all of its chaotic glory, really got away from me this holiday season.  Between homeschooling the boy and logging miles (lots and LOTS of miles), I just didn't log on enough to blog.  Whoops. 

But we've been busy here at Life Beyond the Chaos. Miami Man was awesome, and I never did write a race report for it.  Again, whoops.  It was a fun crazy ride, and here's a summary in pictures.

I'm not a fan of lake swims, but this swim was AMAZING, the water was beautiful and it was nice to not have salt going up your nose.  :-)
 Transition was HUGE.  I'm used to little races so this was different.

I don't ever get tired of that race day thrill though.
 
 I LOVED the bike.  It was an open road course, which was a little scary. I was surprised that I liked the longer distance.  I felt like for the most part, it was just me and the road.  Looking forward to some longer distance tris in 2014 (already registered for 3 mid-distance races).
 I died on the run, which was a little disappointing.  It was just smokin' hot, and there was little shade. But for a first international, I was okay with it. 
Splits were as follows, and were good enough for 5th in my division.  Again, a little disappointing, but it was what it was, and it was defiantly a learning experience.
Swim:  0:26:07 T1:  1:58 Bike:  1:18:02T2:  1:33Run:  1:29:200 Total:  03:16:59.50















 I got to meet up with Ragnar team-mate Dawn, who smoked the female relay with her team.


I found myself both glad and sad tri season was over.  I love triathlon, it is such an AMAZING sport.  But it has been nice to just get back to the run.  Since Miami Man, I have literally split my time between only running and lifting.  I haven't touched my bike and I haven't done much else, which has resulted in FINALLY getting some really good running miles logged.  Which (hopefully) will translate to an improvement in my pace come February.  Only time will tell.  

I'm already registered for Miami Man again next year--its a great way to end Tri season.  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment