Thursday, July 3, 2014

Marathon Training - Week 2

Since I'm doing Galloway's marathon plan, each increase week is followed by a recovery week.  We started a few weeks into the actual plan, which is why week 1 had 7.5 miles.  This past week was a recovery week so the "long" run was only 3 miles.  I love this because it allows for tri training and for my chaotic life.  Like this week-when I had to conduct my monthly sampling for work, which involves a bike ride in the Everglades.   That ended up being my long run this week.

My son got sick on the back half of the week, and it threw things off. Its still lingering, and STILL throwing things off.  Thank you Jeff Galloway for coming up with a marathon plan that won't stress me out when LIFE HAPPENS.   Because let's be real--life happens ALL. THE. TIME.

The theme for this week was beautiful scenery:

From Tuesday's 3.75 mile sunrise bridge run on the Rickenbacker Causeway (check out the moon and Venus in the first pic!)



And from Sunday's 30 mile bike in the Everglades--which felt like I was on the surface of the sun, by the way.  It was in the lower 90s and the humidity was INSANE. 
The river of grass--so cool to have such ready access to one of the world's most amazing ecosystems. 
 And yes, that's an alligator
 Its the rainy season here, which means everything is flowering!!

This was one of those weeks when it was lovely to be outside, even though it was excruciatingly hot, to see the beauty that nature has to offer down here.  

So, anyway, the week looked like this:
Monday - 50 min Spin, Body Pump, 30 min yoga
Tuesday - 3.75mi hill repeats (3/1 intervals)
Wednesday - 40 min spin, 1200 m swim (ladder workout), strength training
Thursday - 3.25 miles (HOTTER THAN HOT, ended up so slow)
Friday - Rest day thanks to a sick kid, but lots of puppy walks
Saturday - "Rest" day, and by rest I mean 2 birthday parties and several hours volunteering in the sun
Sunday - 30 miles in the saddle, 14.2 mph average pace.  First time I've hit 30 in a long while. 

So, really low mileage on the run side, but one hill workout.  I thin 

So far this week has been rocky--we ended up with a foster dog and my son has been under the weather again.  But its all good, because I've got this.  158 days till 26.2.

No comments:

Post a Comment