Friday, June 15, 2012

Reasons I probably need my head examined

It is possible that I have become certifiably insane.  I need to add something else to my plate like I need a hole in the head. Or another kid. Or another dog . . . you get the idea.   I've been throwing around the idea of starting a fitness related blog for a while.

Reasons not to . . .
I don't have the time.  (But then again, REALLY, who does?)
I don't really have that much to offer--there are plenty of fitness related blogs out there with people who are more experienced than me, faster than me, etc. etc. etc.
I could go on and on . . .

BUT

And I really don't like to make excuses.  The things that matter are worth finding time for.  I have spent years blogging over at UtterChaos about my family.  I have touched on the fitness aspect of my life there, but for the most part I created it with the intention of allowing our family to keep in touch with our relatives spread out across the country.  But for quite a while I haven't been satisfied for going on about the day to day aspects of life.  And I highly doubt that my family cares to read the details of my run workouts, about the grueling 2-a-day trips to the gym, about why I love the guys who teach my group classes at the Y, or how about I almost puked on my run.

And it has taken me a long while to realize I DO have something to offer.  I'm the perfect example of "If I can do it, ANYONE can."  I am a girl who used to be called "sloth" in high school, was always picked last in gym class, and couldn't run half a mile without feeling like I would die.  I've dropped 60lbs, and turned into a person I never thought I could be.  And goodness knows if I can, anyone can.

I also know that when I look around me, I see a society that doesn't eat real food anymore. Kids who don't know how to eat right, use their imaginations, or their bodies.  Parents who are lost in their poor health, scared for their children, but unsure of how to get off on the right foot.  But really, the only thing you need to do to make a change is get up and get moving.


And THAT, right there, is why I might as well bite the bullet and take the plunge.   This blog is about the great things that go on in life BEYOND the chaos of the every day.  The awesome stuff that can define who you are, that sets examples for your kids.  The kind of stuff that can change the world, one person at a time.

2 comments:

  1. Love your new blog! Can't wait to read more.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely. You have a lot to give and if you can help inspire one person thru this new blog, then the time you put in will be worth it.

    Follow your heart......no matter what.

    ReplyDelete