Tuesday, June 19, 2012

T is for Tuesdays, Two-A-Days, and Trying AGAIN

Back at it today--Monday was my yoga day, I usually try to squeeze a run in too but figured after Sunday's festivities, it would be good to take it easy for at least one day.  I always love Tuesdays because there is a trainer at the Y who has just the right mix of craziness and attitude to push me to do my best.  I absolutely love his circuit class.  And holy COW does it make me sweat.  And he teaches spin in the evenings, so I'm usually seen making the drive to the Y twice a day on Tuesdays.  Luckily the babies love the staff at child watch and never want to leave.   I love that I'm FINALLY getting to enjoy tri season this year and the fact that there is a race every month, because its keeping me motivated to just keep pushing through when I otherwise would take a break. 

On the subject of trying again. . . the weight loss train.  I signed up for Run With Jess's Marathon Weight Loss Challenge.  I almost DIDN'T jump on board for this challenge because the scale and I haven't been getting along lately.  I was 220lbs after I had my daughter in September 2008.   Having a DAUGHTER made me realize I couldn't keep beating myself up anymore about how I looked, because HOLY CRAP she was going to learn her body image from me.  So 2 weeks after she was born I started running.  I made it down to 165lbs last year when 30 hit, and my metabolism didn't like it.  I'm probably the only person that gains 20lbs while training for a half marathon.  At any rate, I put my scale away because I was obsessing over it.  I don't diet.  We eat well in this house, period.  That means organic foods, REAL FOODS, and very little processed stuff.  So I just wasn't sure I wanted to put myself out there and track my weight every week.  But I figured-why not?  Even if the scale doesn't budge, no harm can come from tracking my food intake and activity.  I'm bound to see a shift in my body.  Oh, and also, gotta love tracking the burn.  According to www.MyFitnessPal.com, those 2 workouts at the gym today + 30 minute on the elliptical burned a whopping 1350 calories.  Whoops.  That was my calorie allotment for the day. 

Go out there and get it done. Because if it doesn't happen the first time, you just have to try again.

No comments:

Post a Comment