Thursday, July 5, 2012

That evil C word

Image courtesy of http://www.howjoyful.com

I saw this quote the other day and immediately fell in love.   I mean, REALLY how true is that?  How often do we do something incredible and then compare ourselves to others?  How many times have you come home from the gym, a race, or a run and said "Wow, so and so went faster/harder/better than I did."  I know I ALWAYS compare what I do to others.  I have lots of runner friends and always compare my pace to theirs.

But here's an AH HA moment for you folks.  No one has lived your story or had your struggles.  We ALL need to stop comparing ourselves to one another.  Our diversity in shape, size and ability is what makes us unique.  Don't sell your successes short because they do not measure up to the successes of others.   So for the next day . . . the next week . . . or maybe the rest of your life, challenge yourself to stop comparing yourself to others and instead celebrate your accomplishments from your unique place in life.   Have a healthy, happy week!

No comments:

Post a Comment