Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Marathon Training - Week 8

Long run last week, and so far the week following a long run have been more tri training weeks than anything else.

Karma arrived on Tuesday so I spent a LOT of time in the saddle this past week.  Heaven--this bike rides like heaven.  I was riding an aluminum frame trek with bottom of the line components for two years.  Between the frame and the components on this bike, I feel like I could ride FOREVER.  Its so smooth and effortless, I would never have imagined that they would make such a difference.  



Monday - Basic Yoga
Tuesday - 3 mi run (including the Rickenbacker) + .9 mile swim (AM), Yoga (PM)
Wednesday - 20 mile "shake out" ride on the new bike.

Thursday - Solo 15 mile bike
Friday - 1.25 mile run on the treadmill + Body Pump
Saturday - 31 mile ride
Sunday - 22 mile ride (AM), 5 mi run (or wog, it could be called a wog) (PM).
I was seriously considering trying to squeeze in next weekend's scheduled "long" run since we will be up to other things next weekend.  I left at 3pm to allot for enough time to finish 14 miles before it got dark.  BIG mistake.  The heat index was at least 101.  It was brutal out.  Plus I haven't been in the saddle much since the end of June, so I think my body was tired.  I settled for 5 and was totally okay with that.

The best part of the week was that I got THREE rides with my better half.   We rarely get to ride together, because of the kids, so it was a wonderful treat.
In all, broke 100 miles swimming, biking, and running this week.  And I said the words "half iron" out loud this weekend.  

No comments:

Post a Comment