Saturday, July 27, 2013

Summer Vacation = Blog vacation?

I have no idea how my kid's summer vacation turned in to a blog vacation for me.  May flew by, with my son's 7th birthday.  June was all about living in the moment and enjoying our down time for the summer.  Oh, and tri training.  July was a family vacation to Kentucky, a busy spell for work, and lots of other little thing.  Oh, and more tri training.

Summer has been:

Discovering a love for the weight room, thanks to a couple of ladies at the Y (Carmen in the front, and Cherokee on the lower right).  I can totally do 300#s on the the inline leg press.  Realizing that those big legs I spent so much time hating are powerful machines.

Lots of pool time


Long rides with dear friends--catching up and just enjoying the ride.


Lots of moments like these with my kids and their friends. 

Finding a new place for my favorite yoga guru/one of my best buds to share her joy of yoga with others. 

Quality time with the ones I love.



I can't believe I haven't posted all summer long.  After my race last weekend, I looked at the calendar and realized we only have a few weeks left of summer joy before we head back to school.  And only 3 months left until we get into distance season.  

I am insanely nervous about the start of school.  My "baby" starts preschool.  My son will be doing virtual school this year.  I have my first international distance triathlon coming in November.  My first fall half marathon in October.  They say you should do things that scare you and I must be doing something right, because I am just a wee bit terrified of all those things.  At this time last year, I was coming off my first real triathlon season and pretty much the only goal I had in mind was Ragnar.  I loved running, but I didn't have the true love for the distance running that I gained last spring.  This year its a whole new ball game--the calendar for the next 7 months includes Ragnar, 3 half marathons, a Superhero Scramble, 3 sprint tris and and an international tri. Its a little overwhelming to think about. 

So yeah, I have no regrets that I haven't blogged much this summer.  Chances are you guys are going to get sick of hearing from me over the next few months!!!

Race reports for my last 2 tris are coming (better late than never!)

1 comment:

  1. Nice blog you have here! I'd like to add information to your post, We invite to discover Exclusive Resorts a world's foremost private club for luxury vacation and resort worldwide.

    ReplyDelete