Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Race Report - Mack Cycle Triathlon Trilogy Bonus Round - Mostly in pictures

In 2012, I was amazingly pleased with myself just for completing all four races in the  Mack Cycle Triathlon Trilogy.  (Yes, Trilogy means THREE, but there is a bonus round).  I got a new bike and spent a lot of my season learning how to ride it well.  This season, the trilogy was different.  I learned that I could be competitive. 

This race was super special because after Brad thinking I was NUTS for doing this stuff, he decided to JOIN me.

Getting ready to head out in the wee hours of the morning.
 After racking our bikes in transition
 And really, what beats this??  It isn't about winning or losing or how fast you go.  Its about meeting the day, rising to the occasion, and living each day to its fullest.
 I got to pass Brad on the bike once.  Other than that I didn't see him.  He was waiting at the finish for me, but in the end I had him by a scant amount of time.  Of course, HE was on a mountain bike and it was his first race.  I was actually sad when I saw my run time, I was expecting to kill it because I felt AMAZING.  My time last month was faster. 
 After
 Really liked the Tough Chik Zoom Zoom top.  It didn't chafe and stayed in place and was kind to all my lumpy places.  I snagged the matching shorts for the Columbus Day Triathlon, where I'll accompany my long-time run bud Jess on her first Tri.
 Times were good enough for another 3rd place.  I had a personal best in almost everything.  The currents were in our favor for a change.   I also managed 3rd place Athena for the series.  Sooo close to 2nd, but close only counts in horse shoes and hand grenades.  Was happy having my little miss on the podium with me, arms raised in victory.
 We managed to finish up the awards ceremony before the storms started rolling in.
Beautiful day.  Brad had fun, and will definitely be back for more next season. His only response to his time was "I should have practiced a brick."  :-)  Ever so slowly pulling him over to the dark side.

Don't forget Team Tough Chik registration is still open, through the end of the month!

1 comment:

  1. This is awesome!! I think it is so great that Brad does these with you..... :)

    ReplyDelete