Friday, August 23, 2013

Balancing the Balls


It seems to be feast or famine when it comes to blog posting in my little world.  I always have ideas but hardly ever have time to get them down "on paper" so to speak (or rather, in cyber space).  It seems I have weeks where I have things written for days ahead of time, and I don't want to spread them out over several weeks because I want to post them all RIGHT this very second.   Its no surprise, I've never been good at balancing things. 

It's back-to-school time for most people, which means either 1. The return of crazy schedules, early mornings and running around  OR 2.  A welcome break if your children are driving you batty OR 3.  Very little has changed, if your kids had a pretty regular summer routine.   We fall into the first category.   Last year we decided to keep my oldest home for virtual school this year.  I have been dreading return to school because I was SCARED TO DEATH of losing our carefree schedule.  I was also a tad nervous about LOSING MY SANITY.  Okay, you got me.  More than a tad nervous.  A whole hill of beans nervous.  I love my son but I already was barely holding on to my sanity between work, my kids, my house, and the other chaos in my life.

But, finding the life BEYOND the chaos is what this blog (and life, really) is all about.  So I couldn't tell my son no when he begged me to keep him home this year.  And while I'm exceedingly worn out after our first week back, I also feel an overwhelming sense of RIGHTNESS about this decision.  Keeping him home has kept me from wallowing in the fact that my "baby" is turning 5 next month, and just started preschool.

Anyway, I digress (again, surprising I know).  Managing my time has become a major undertaking--school work takes 4-5 hours a day, I usually have 5-7 hours of work to complete, and I tend to lose my marbles without a good hour long workout every day.  Add in housework, cooking, cleaning, etc. Well, I've done enough remedial math to know there isn't much sleeping going on there.   Or blog writing, this past week. 

Because things are crazy and it is a challenge to find the time to fit workouts in, I find more joy in them this week.  What before I considered a given and a necessity (gym time, pool time and running) has once again become my escape and my time to recenter my thoughts. It has been a while since running has been my escape to find my sanity . . . its nice to have that, among all the chaos that is life. 
Source: I <3 to Run
So, my honest to goodness insight on balance, a week in to homeschooling while still holding a full time job:  As long as there is running and yoga, there is hope :-) 

Musings over.   Have an amazing weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment